The Frugal Entrepreneur & Blogger’s Guide to Pinterest Traffic in 5 Simple Steps!
If you’re looking for a magic bullet, a “quick fix’ for overnight success on Pinterest, or how to get Pinterest traffic overnight, this ain’t your Cafe . This is your guide, to help you create Great Visuals within your blog, Pinterest Friendly images that will make your blog real Pinterest-friendly and help you leverage this visual search engine effectively for blog traffic, subscriptions and ultimately sales. In order to do this you gotta have the tools and strategies to get desired results. Talking of Tools, we shared a monster post on Various tools we use to improve oir workflow and create busienss success.You can read it here!
So let’s dive in for today’s Pinterest Worthy Tips
Pinterest Traffic in 5 steps Watch the video below
Recap on Pinterest Traffic:
1. Optimize your Old Pins and Posts – If you have an old pin that’s gone viral or attracted lots of engagement yet its not such a great image. Go create a better Pinterest Optimized image via Canva add some text overlay and of course the text/Keywords that seem to have attracted engagement to the older pin. See you want to keep the repin count on this image. And this is called reviving the pin!
2. LIKE YOUR PINS – If you don’t how do you expect others to do so? And this is a simple way to get your pins seen more. When you get a notification that someone repined or liked your pin, go like it & Thank them too. Its only polite isn’t it! When your pins come across your feed, as they are doing more so lately, Like them too, Boosts them. Every little helps! This also tells Pinterest that your Pin is popular and your content is liked. Guess what happens, Its shown to more people not just your followers.
3. Your Pins are Weighted then Pinterest decides if it’s worth putting up on the Curated Smart feed – this shouldn’t surprise you. Your content has been ranked for a while since the last Algorithm changes and now the Feb Changes confirm it. This is how they are weighed, i.e. is your content liked by other Pinners:
- The number of repins you get on the same content
- How many people are pinning from your site.
- Likes and Comments your Pin/Content is receiving across Pinterest
- The amount of Click Throughs to your Site!
However, you could rise in ranks if an influential pinner shares aka Pins your content! Pinterest wants more quality content, no disrespect intended, It’s also now focusing more on how your followers engage with your content before it shows it to non-followers. So get active in Re-pinning your content, and also getting more people to do the same for you, like & comment too!
4. Your Pinterest Analytics – Lets assume you do have a Business account, and if you don’t its very easy to turn your Personal account into a Business account where you will have access to amazing analytics. Use your analytics to Create Content that your audience is interested in what you share and to do that you need to ask yourself these 2 Qns:
- Does my content match my audience needs?
- Am I serving the audience I intended my content for?
Be sure to Pin MORE content in your niche, and some in Your Personal Interest always consider 80/20 rule. And not all pins should necessarily be yours use the 60/40 rule here, we talked about this in our post on the Feb Pinterest Algorithm Changes! Find similar Pinners with more success see what they’re pinning that you aren’t. Emulate and apply. You’ll start to see better results too! Keeping tabs on related successful brands is good for keeping up with the tide.
5. Clear Recent Searches – Yes you don’t want Pinterest to remember everything you do search esp. if it’s for personal purposes. Simply go into your Account via that Gear/cog link, Click on Settings, scroll down and “Clear Recent searches,” everything you have searched recently will be deleted. In the same way You can CLEAR RECENT CONTACTS… cool huh!When you ‘Send’ Pins, Pinterest will keep displaying profiles of people you recently interacted with to make it easy for you to send more pins. You can clear this so you can send to new people esp. new contacts!
PINTEREST TRAFFIC- PINNING FROM YOUR BLOG:
Since Feb, Your chances of getting more Pinterest traffic will also stem from encouraging your readers to organically PIN DIRECTLY from your Blog post. When you check your Analytics, you will see Activity from your website! The 50 top Pins from your site, top 20 Boards and how many clicks, pins & impressions you got! These Analytics will help you understand which posts or content is resonating with your readers that they take it a step further and actually PIN your images/content. To do this make it easy for them to do this with the Chrome Pinterest Add-on or Use the Sumome Image Sharer, amazing. See how all our Images are Socially shareable, example below!
Well thats it for now,…
If you do happen to Love this post on how to get Pinterest Traffic 2016 and beyond, and our tutorials, do share with others & let us know in a comment below. We love knowing who’s loving our content the most and sharing with others. So feel free to share, like our posts, use the social share buttons either side or simply highlight a text and share away esp. on Facebook…
By the way, if you’re not already one of our blog subscribers, Click Here to Subscribe to Our Blog… and as a bonus you’ll get a copy of our $147 Ultimate Pinterest Roadmap course absolutely FREE!
This Week’s Freebie – 11 Super tips to Improve your page rank, and how to get more blog traffic! – Learn More.
And if you’re not already connected with and following us on these sites here’s how you can change that…
You do deserve more
Live Learn Love
Julie Syl Kalungi
Considering Coaching? Check out our Work with us tab and Survey where we Help People Everyday.
P.S: IF YOU DON’T HAVE A LIST, ARE A TWITTER USER, OR YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO BUILD A LIST, YOU NEED – OUR TWITTER LIST BUILDING SECRETS FOR THE FIRST 5 ACTION TAKERS WE WILL THROW IN THE 6 FIGURE INSTAGRAM LIST BUILDING HACKS!
Turbo charge Your Content Marketing Strategy And Grab Lots of Traffic via YouTube
Hey its Julie again How are you doing my friend! I am so excited, my Pauli is coming home from a long trip so am in an extremely generous mood. I decided to share some wonderful Training on a Content Marketing Strategy!
Every successful entrepreneur & marketer knows to have a content marketing strategy. This covers a wide arena and today I am focusing on How to Get a shed load of Traffic to your YouTube videos and build your business. In other words how to maximize your Content Marketing Strategy to build your business 🙂
Do you know what I learned during the Festive season? I am so very excited about this for we’ve written a blog post before about Video Marketing but have been a little lax on that front while we did some more intensive research. I truly believe that what you think you attract, better believe it. Recently we WON a BONUS package as Action Takers on a Ray Higdon training session and Guess what we got….OMG! We got a Full Training Package on a content marketing strategy i.e. YouTube Marketing by another rock-star & no nonsense mentor Richard Matharoo.
Now if you are in a bit of a funk and are looking for a way to explode your home business this year, I can assure you you gotta make a choice as to which platform you are gonna spend your hard earned money on. Whichever you choose, you will need to master it. And what better way to do that than by learning from those that have already been there and done that! We cant recommend enough having your very own Secret affiliate Roadmap to help you on your journey and get your content marketing mojo on! A road map packed with 9 Modules of pure genius with content marketing strategies galore, lead generation & Closing strategies that You don’t want to miss, you might like to grab it now while its still n a Christmas promo! As good students & leaders we have learned to ILT – Invest Learn Teach and sharing it forward! Remember you get what you give as well!
For 2016 if you want to succeed online you have to have a clear content marketing strategy and Ann Smarty gives a comprehensive list of what you can/should do in the article she wrote for the tweakyourbiz community and you can read more about it there. In said article she has this to say about video marketing and I quote:
“Videos are a tricky form of media, because not everyone has the time, money or production values to compete with the incredible video makers out there. While with blogging you are relying on your talent to communicate, making videos requires a lot more know-how… One of the easiest and most popular ways to create video content has been Google Hangouts on Air lately. So it isn’t impossible to produce good videos without any experience”.
She then proceeds to give us some homework… “Action item: Take some time to check out competing videos to see how they are doing it. Make sure you are paying attention to how new tools are being used to create this content. For example, note how many people are gathering together groups of experts and recording industry discussions on platforms like Hangouts On Air. Or how often you see popular videos that are merely people pod-casting on screen, talking right at the viewer.”
And at this point allow me to share 3 Tips for your content marketing strategy. I recommend you utilize them in your video marketing via YouTube to build your business. The video I created is meant to help you to Take Action on your YouTube videos today if you want to grab some low hanging fruit; traffic to your content fast! Remember Google ranks YouTube videos anyway and if yours is well Optimized for searches, you will get a lot of free TARGETED TRAFFIC to your content! Every little helps I always say!
Can I just emphasize that winning followers on YouTube requires different strategies than doing so through other types of content marketing. Rob Ciampa chief marketing officer at content marketing suite way back in 2013 clearly believed that simply uploading a video on YouTube without optimizing it and making sure you get eyeballs on it within 24 hrs of publishing it, amounted to a waste of time! This is even more true today!
People are looking for Free engaging and entertaining content on our YouTube videos. So we must use the right Keywords if we are to attract the right target market. So off to SEO keyword research we go. But I don’t want to take away from the video. Watch the video below for more details. In the 5th Minute I share with you how you can get your video to go viral on YouTube so watch it to the very end!
Free Video: Turbo- Charged Content Marketing Strategy – Rank your YouTube videos = Free Traffic to your Content/Blog/website
I can tell you that this is a long term content marketing strategy. Don’t expect immediate results unless you have paid to boost your content. Understand that YouTube is a whole social media platform in itself. So develop the habit of …Yup you guessed it, Commenting on Other videos esp. trending & highly ranking videos in your niche. Definitely add your YouTube Channel/website/blog or most recent “Related video” link in there. And watch how you get some more views on your content as well! We are definitely getting more organic views on our Videos on YouTube, you too can!
More Video Marketing Training see below!
In the above spirit don’t forget to drop a Comment Below & at the bottom of the video on YouTube. Like & share on Facebook…!
How about we connect further and you subscribe to our YouTube Channel where we share more of the juicy morsels from both our Training & Our Home Business Blueprint so watch this space. ILT learn that phrase as a Leader! Find me on Facebook and lets connect shall we 🙂
To Your Abundance
P.S If you are Struggling to Create Content for your blog, and are looking to generate More Leads to Explode your Business We fully recommend This Platform!