Your Ultimate Proven Tips on Pinterest SEO for Better Blog Search And Rank!
We first published this article on Pinterest SEO back on 30th May 2016 and we know it is just right to update it.
Yeah right, so how does Pinterest SEO work, does it even exist?
Well If you wish to be found in a keyword search on Pinterest, then Pinterest SEO should start to be real important to you!? See this is how people who don’t yet follow you find your content and if they like it…Bingo!
I doubt I get much traffic from Pinterest anyway so pull the other one…!
Yes, that’s the answer I got from a surprised client when I said we should add Pinterest marketing to their arsenal! We don’t even have a blog…
The thing is he has a website, but it’s almost non-existent in search, as in I couldn’t find it in the first 10 pages of Google. Predominantly because it was built & left online. Its not updated regularly! His social presence is: a Facebook account which he uses to spy on his meager staff, (by his own admission.)
A Pinterest account with “3 Followers” and he uses Twitter to follow Footie…
Seriously do you also live in the 19th century when it comes to Social media for business growth! Let alone dive into blog or Pinterest SEO! As part of my strategy we have lots to do to drag his site kicking and screaming into the 21st Century!
And the first product we recommend to update your site, improve Site SEO is Tanya Aliza’s Ultimate Branding Blueprint. I can’t recommend this product enough.
Even for existing bloggers. You may be struggling because you too could be missing the essential building blocks in Setting up, Positioning and Monetizing your blog!
In today’s Pinterest Café, I am sharing a very specific Pinterest SEO tutorial. My Pinterest Ninja Tricks that should get you off the fence with your blog marketing efforts too!
If you already have a Pinterest profile you need to Like & Visit our Facebook Page and get conversant with my Video horde where I share various Tutorials on how you can become a Pinterest Ninja for more Traffic, Opt-ins and Sales!
In one of our first tutorials via our Facebook Fan Page I shared some basics on Setting up your Profile right and in an article I coined on Pinterest for Business you will find more. So…
I believe I don’t have to preach it that You Need to add PIN IT Buttons to all your images. If you use Sumo and I presume you do as Google analytics uses it, then you can use more of its resources. One of them is “adding Social Buttons to your images as below! This is a real powerful, tool in your Pinterest social influence, SEO & Traffic building Arsenal.
These buttons provide automatic links back to your site as soon as they’re used. The easier you make it on your audience & fans, the more social shares you will receive; increasing your Pinterest Kudos & Search ability! So lets talk about Backlinks, an important part of SEO.
Pinterest SEO – the Backlinks and going Viral:
So you as a web master or blogger, you want natural backlinks right? Then make sure you pin your content often. If you share value content, and are active in other Pinterest and social communities, you will get your content re-pined or saved.
And every time your image and content is re-pinned, you get another natural backlink. If your content is Good and your Images are GREAT with time you will get Repins its guaranteed and of course those awesome do follow backlinks! Virility is possible and better search ranking is attainable!
To do that you need to profile your customer persona, and then create and pin content that fits their interests, pains or desires!
If you are pinning content that is RELEVANT to your customers and potential customers, Pinterest will show it to way more than your followers and that could mean a boatload of backlinks for you! We at Juleskalpauli are 100% confident that at time of publishing, pinterest is best for SEO for a new blogger or someone without much SEO knowledge. And even better for someone who knows about these things. Simple reasons:
1. Once your Pin image and linked content is pinned, you get 3 backlinks – #Boom!
2. At the time of publishing, Pinterest links are do follow links – yes please!
3. Pinterest is Great for adding a few of your long tailed keywords inside the pin description and of course Board description too. More support anchor text.
4. Google is very much interested in social media signals because they come across as natural, real people liking and engaging with your content!
Are you still on the fence about Pinterest SEO then?
So,then it makes business sense to build your Social influence and Search engine clout by connecting your other social media accounts to Pinterest. The best tool for this is IFTTT.
One of the factors in ranking on Pinterest is engagement. Today, older more popular pins are dominating the smart feed and this means your Pins need to find traction fast. The Fastest way is to get active in Forums or Social Pinning Group/s. This could Catapult your Pinterest Growth fast get you more readers.
Neil Patel Emphasizes Forums as a great way forward in finding your readers, marketing channels! If its good enough for Neil, its more than good enough for you!
Now let’s dive into the meat and potatoes on this week’s Pinterest Café Menu!
PINTEREST SEO, HOW DOES PINTEREST TRAFFIC AFFECT SEO AND BUILD YOUR SITE RANK!
Now that you understand the sheer importance of Pinterest for blog SEO, I can’t emphasize enough why you must…
Cross-promote your brand and get more targeted followers. By simply posting on Pinterest, IFTTT automatically shares on Twitter, Facebook etc. You will find that your Social media followers who are already fans of your brand will follow you on Pinterest as well.
By the way Follow us on Pinterest Here
Did you know that having a strong social presence connected to your website signifies to Google that you’re a trusted source of information? This will improve your Search Engine Clout too!
Pinterest categories in my opinion are an essential research tool when it comes to promoting your boards. Esp. during the board creation process. Do select which Pinterest category your board will belong, then create a Keyword-rich board Title & Description.
When you do this, content pinned to your board has half a chance of showing up on those category pages in the Smart feed.
Meaning more eyeballs, more shares by anyone not necessarily just your followers. In fact you will get more followers if your content keeps popping up in the smart feed with lots of value & shares!
One of the most essential thing you can do to optimize your Pinterest efforts is to TRACK your Actions and results. You need to understand what resonates with your audience. In my opinion it’s the use of resources like Tailwind’s Pinterest Analytics Suite, that you can tell which pins/offers/posts are trending.
Find which words are used most often in descriptions and how many pins with such words do you have pinned from your site? The key here is to make your pins, boards, and profile show up in Pinterest and Google searches!
By paying attention to what your audience, followers and fans love, you can build related content to drive more targeted traffic to your website/blog/affiliate links!
And now I am super excited to share with you The Ultimate Pinterest Road-Map – PIN TO WIN CUSTOMERS.
Grow traffic and attract new clients with Pinterest Techniques and Tips! A 7-Module Step-By-Step Guide to help you Swim through the Pinterest Marketing Ocean and Make it work for your business. Is Pinterest a wise investment of your time and money? Get started in 7 Easy to Follow Steps! Practical advice on how to create a Pinterest Business Account That Attracts & Converts. Get ready for business – Pin like a Pro.
Pinterest SEO Quick Recap:
- Create Amazing LONG IMAGES and Optimize These Pins Like Heck 734 x 1200 is great. Make em Keyword-rich Descriptions, and Add them to at least 3 images all pointing to your Post! And by the way don’t overburden your PC with huge images, Save your precious Pinterest Horde For Free in DropBox, and you can access them anywhere!
- If you pin your posts only once, you may as well not have bothered! Pin them to your different boards over and over! Using the tools I shared! Join and Pin them to group boards. Join and Be active in Social share Groups. This will give you the initial push your content marketing needs to ensure your content gets pinned & seen by other people.
- Pinterest is a VISUAL SEARCH ENGINE. So Pinterest SEO makes total sense, and everything that gets seen on there is based on being keyword-rich. Think about it. The people that use Pinterest daily and there are millions, use it instead of Google? They use the search function in Pinterest almost daily! Can you afford to ignore it any more?
- Do research and optimize your profile, verify your website, enable rich pins, and use descriptive keywords in your profile, boards and your pins.
- Address a Specific Need and Do it as a CUSTOMER that way you feel their Pain and Give a Solution that works!
- Do Not forget to State your Location, Great for Pinterest SEO aka Local Searches. You want Local Business partners, clients and Brand Ambassadors right? So add that Location!
- When setting up or revamping your boards, make sure to choose a category DO NOT Leave it as “other.” Help Pinterest return your pins in relevant searches!
- Your Content URL i.e. where your pin points, should also contain your Keyword for congruence and better SEO.
RESOURCES FOR YOU:
TailWind Automation & Analytics Suite – Learn More
The Ultimate Pinterest Road-map – Learn More
How to Leverage IFTTT – Learn More
Sumome Image sharing – Learn More
The Ultimate Branding Blueprint – Learn More
Click Here to Get Started on Aweber
THIS WEEK’S GIVEAWAY IS A WONDERFUL PLETHORA OF WEALTH CREATION TOOLS & RESOURCES FROM REAL LIFE 6-FIGURE EARNERS. LEARN MORE HERE OR USE BANNER BELOW:
If you’re looking for more tips on improving your Pinterest marketing, then make sure you subscribe to our Blog here.
If you do happen to Love this post on how you can ranking with Pinterest SEO, and our tutorials, do share with others & let us know in a comment below. We love knowing who’s loving our content the most and sharing with others. So feel free to share, Pin it, like our posts, use the social share buttons either side or simply highlight a text and share away esp. on Facebook…
And if we’re not already connected & following each other on these sites, here’s how you can change that…
You do Deserve More
Live Learn Love
Julie Syl Kalungi
Considering Coaching? Check out our Work with us tab and Survey where we Help People Everyday.